The landscape for viewing TV is changing rapidly with the advent of video streaming service providers such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and others. The DTH services more or less will become a thing of the past with the steady popularity that the video streaming services are gaining.
Not only do these video streaming services offer a fantastic array of quality video content but the extensive catalog of streaming options also enables viewers to choose what they want to see. From a million TV shows, Movies and Documentaries to special stand-ups and other diverse content, the video streaming services offer a variety of things to choose from to the viewers.
About Amazon Fire Stick:
An exclusive from Amazon, Amazon Fire Stick offers a plethora of video streaming services like Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Netflix. Amazon Fire Stick also provides music streaming services like Gaana and many others. However, the most significant highlight of Amazon Fire Stick is support for Alexa. Hence, now you can sit back on your couch, relax and command your remote to do your bidding.
First of all, congratulations for having bought an Amazon Fire Stick and if you haven’t then, what are you waiting for? Once, you have purchased the Amazon Fire Stick, the next thing on your mind is how to set it up? Worry not as we have compiled a step by step guide for you to set up your Amazon Fire Stick for the first time. Follow the detailed steps outlined below, and you will be viewing your favorite TV shows and Movies in no time with the Amazon Fire Stick.
Must Read: Setup Chromecast Easily
Compatible TV – The most important requirement is to have a TV which is compatible with the Amazon Fire Stick. Almost all TVs with an HDMI port support Amazon Fire Stick. Thus, ensure that you have a TV with HDMI port to run the Amazon Fire Stick.
Internet Connection – To stream the various offerings of the Amazon Fire Stick you will need a steady internet/Wi-Fi. The Fire Stick relies on your Wi-Fi connection to stream the high definition media hence, a stable internet connection with 5-8 Mbps speed should be sufficient.
Amazon Account (Amazon Prime Preferable) – The last thing needed before setting up your Amazon Fire Stick is an Amazon account. Register and create an account on Amazon. To reap full benefits of the Fire Stick, we recommended registering for using Prime services too.
Setting Up Amazon Fire Stick:
After ensuring that you have met the pre-requisites mentioned above, you can set up your Amazon Fire Stick using the below steps for the first time
- On your Amazon Fire Stick device, you will find a micro-USB port. Plug the USB power cord to the USB port on your Fire Stick device and connect the other side of the power cord to the Power Adapter.
- Connect the Power Adapter to a power outlet to supply the power to the Amazon Fire Stick (Please note that it is recommended to the use the Power Adapter as opposed to the USB ports on the TV to ensure a steady power supply).
- Using the HDMI ports available of your TV, connect the Amazon Fire Stick to your TV. Please a make a note of the HDMI port that you will be using for connecting to the Amazon Fire Stick as you will be required to navigate to the corresponding HDMI input channel once you turn ON the TV.
- Next, turn ON your TV and using the TV remote open the HDMI input channel corresponding to the Amazon Fire Stick connection.
- The Fire Stick logo will be visible once the screen loads up. Since it’s the first time setting up your Fire Stick device, the Fire Stick screen will take a couple of minutes to load.
- After connecting the Amazon Fire Stick device to your TV, the next thing you must do is to set up your Fire Stick remote. Insert the two AAA batteries you received alongside your remote in the box.
- The remote will automatically pair up to the Amazon Fire Stick as soon as you have added the batteries. You can manually pair it by pressing and holding the Home button on your remote for 10 seconds if it doesn’t pair up automatically.
- As soon as you are up and running with the Fire Stick Remote all you need to do is connect the Fire Stick to the Wi-Fi/Internet network. The procedure is relatively simple as it requires following the on-screen instructions one by one.
- Choose the language, and select the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to from the list of networks available. Enter the password, and the Amazon Fire Stick will connect to the internet.
- The last thing to do is to register your Amazon Fire Stick using an already existing Amazon account. You can also create a new Amazon account for your Fire Stick.
- Post registering your Amazon Fire Stick you will be greeted with a prompt to ‘Save the Passwords.’ Allow the permission for the same so that you don’t have to input your Wi-Fi password every time you switch on the Amazon Fire Stick.
- On the next screen, you will be welcomed with an introductory video which is more of a demonstration on how to use the Alexa voice control on your Amazon Fire Stick connected TV.
After doing everything mentioned above, you have successfully set up your Amazon Fire Stick. Now you can enjoy the dose of multimedia entertainment using various applications available on your Amazon Fire Stick. However, it is not possible to add any more applications on your Amazon Fire Stick without jailbreaking. Jailbreaking your Amazon Fire Stick allows you to install Kodi add-ons depending on your preferences. But many users are more than happy with the broad categories of multimedia content available from a ton of different apps on the Amazon Fire Stick. Hence, Amazon Fire Stick is more than capable of delivering entertainment buffs with plenty of anything and everything. Therefore, swing your remote and browse through a pool of entertainment once you have set up your Amazon Fire Stick.